The Half Marathon is relatively flat with no major hills. It follows the Farmington River on country roads and uses portions of the paved bike path. Roads used include Drake Hill, Riverside, Terry’s Plain, Quarry Road, Rte. 315 and Iron Horse.
Male: 1:10:38 – set by Brian Fuller in 2012
Female: 1:23:21 – set by Maureen Terwilliger in 2004
DIVISIONS & AWARDS
This event is timed by Bay State Race Services and uses the B-Tag timing system (timing chip is attached to the back of the race bib). Please wear the race bib on the front of the shirt.
- Top three overall male and female finishers
- Male Age Group – 12-14 and 5-year age groups 15-80+
- Female Age Group – 12-14 and 5-year age groups 15-80+
- Clydesdale (men 200+lbs.)
- Athena (women 150+lbs.)
- Push Rim Wheelchair
- Top 3 overall male/female
- Top 3 in each male/female age division
No “double dipping”
Course limit is 3 hours for the Amica Iron Horse Half Marathon. To finish within these time limits you must maintain a pace of approximately 13:44 minutes per mile. More…
- Yellow signs with blue arrows mark all turns.
- All mile points are marked on the road and mile signs at each mile.
- Mile clocks at several locations along the course.
- Fluid Locations: every 1 – 2 miles along the course and Start and Finish Line.
- Portalets located along the course.
- Medical personnel.
- Energy gel at mile 8