Hartford 5K runners starts at the corner of Buckingham and Washington Streets (south of the State Capitol), then head to Park Street where the neighborhood welcomes runners with cheering spectators and Latino music. Head back to Bushnell Park for a grand finish under the Memorial Arch.
All 5K course markings and signage are RED.
Male: 14:51 – set by Dan Vassallo in 2016
Female: 16:47 – set by Amy Nedeau, in 2003
The 5K course limit is 1 hour. To finish within these time limits, runners must maintain a pace of approximately 20 minutes per mile. Official finishing times are recorded through 1 hour.
- ChronoTrack B-Tag Timing and Results. More…
- Mile markers at every mile; clocks at mile 1 and 2
- Fluids (water and Gatorade lemon-lime endurance formula) at mile 1.5
- Entertainment, toilets, medical support
DIVISIONS AND AWARDS
Commemorative awards (based on “net” time) to top 3 male/females in following divisions:
- Age groups: 9 & under, 5-year age groups from 10-80+
- Physically Challenged
- Push-rim wheelchair (no awards in the hand-crank division)
- Visually Impaired/Blind Runners division
No “double-dipping” in awards.
Prize Money to the top finishers. More…
Monetary awards are based on official “gun” time – the time elapsed from the official start signal to each runners’ B-Tag recording at the finish.
NOT ALLOWED ON THE COURSE
No strollers, bicycles, rollerblades, skateboards, or motorized vehicles. No dogs. No unregistered runners. Headphones discouraged.