The Eversource Hartford Marathon showcases the revitalized riverfronts of Hartford and East Hartford with breathtaking views of the Connecticut River and classic New England charm of Old Main Street, South Windsor.
Male: 2:15:35 – set by Abiyot Endale in 2012
Female: 2:33.26 – set by Ramilia Burangulova in 2003
Masters Male: 2:23:52 – set by Wieslaw Perszke in 2003
Masters Female: 2:33.26 – set by Ramilia Burangulova in 2003
Marathon course limit is 6 hours. To finish within these time limits, runners must maintain a pace of approximately 13:44 minutes per mile. Official finishing times are recorded through 6 hours. More…
- ChronoTrack B-Tag timing and results. More…
- Mile markers at every mile; clocks at several mile marks
- Timing tracking mats at Start, 10K, Mile 13.1, Mile 17, Mile 20, Mile 25.1. More…
- Fluids (water and Gatorade lemon-lime endurance formula) at Mile 2.5, 3.5, 5, 6.5, 8.5, 9.5, 10.5, 12.5, 13.5, 14.5, 16.5, 18, 19.5, 20.5, 22, 23.5, 24.5, and 25
- GU Energy Gel at Mile 8.5, 13.5, & 20.5
- Entertainment, toilets, medical support along the entire route
Pace leaders are a free service available to help athletes achieve their goal times. More…
DIVISIONS AND AWARDS
Commemorative awards (based on “net” time) to top 3 male/females in following divisions:
- Age groups: 16-19, 5-year age groups from 20-80+
- Physically Challenged
- Push-rim wheelchair (no awards in the hand-crank division)
- Visually Impaired/Blind Runners division
No “double-dipping” in awards.
Prize Money to the top finishers. More…
Monetary awards are based on official “gun” time – the time elapsed from the official start signal to each runners’ B-Tag recording at the finish.
Marathon finishers can use “net” time for qualifying for the Boston Marathon. Net time starts as runners leave the start line and B-Tag is noted, so this time shows actual time on the course. Results are automatically sent to the B.A.A. from the Hartford Marathon Foundation.
NOT ALLOWED ON THE COURSE
No strollers, bicycles, rollerblades, skateboards, or motorized vehicles. No dogs. No unregistered runners. We discourage the use of headphones.