The Eversource Hartford Marathon Team Relay consists of five legs, ranging from 3.1 miles to 6.3 miles each – a distance for everyone! The Relay is run simultaneously with the Marathon on the same USATF certified race course.
- Teams may have 2, 3, 4 or 5 members
- Each member must run at least one complete leg
- Any one member may run up to 4 consecutive legs
- Marathon runners may be part of a relay team. Details…
- Half marathoners may not participate in the Team Relay
- The minimum age to compete in the Team Relay is 12 years old
For detailed information about relay legs (runner distances, shuttle & exchange locations), click here.
All Relay Teams results and standings are based on “gun time”. This B-Tag is to be worn ONLY by the team member crossing the Finish Line (The B-Tag system is used with the timing device on the back of the bib.).
There are no timing mats or clocks at the Relay Exchange Zones and no baton or bracelet to exchange. Only a “hand slap” is needed to transition from one runner to the next to keeps things moving through Exchange Zones and prevent relay runners from impeding travel of other runners on the narrow 2-lane roads.
There is no clothing storage at the exchange zones. Please bring a bag on the bus and have a relay member responsible for bringing bags back.
For walking or driving directions to Exchange Zones, click here.
There is a 6 hour course limit, team members must maintain a pace of approximately 13:44 minutes per mile. Official finishing times are recorded through 6 hours. More…
- ChronoTrack B-Tag timing and results. More…
- Mile markers at every mile; clocks at several mile marks
- Fluids (water and Gatorade lemon-lime endurance formula) at Mile 2.5, 3.5, 5, 6.5, 8.5, 9.5, 10.5, 12.5, 13.5, 14.5, 16.5, 18, 19.5, 20.5, 22, 23.5, 24.5, and 25
- GU Energy Gel at Mile 8.5, 13.5, & 20.5
- Entertainment, toilets, medical support along the entire route
DIVISIONS AND AWARDS
Division is determined by age of youngest team member.
- Open – youngest member under 40
- Masters – youngest member over 40
- Men/Women/Mixed Categories in each division
- Finisher medals awarded to all relay runners at the Awards Tent in Bushnell Park.
- Commemorative awards (based on team “gun” time) to top team in each division.
NOT ALLOWED ON COURSE
No strollers, bicycles, rollerblades, skateboards, or motorized vehicles. No dogs. No unregistered runners. We discourage the use of headphones.