Hills, what hills? The freshly designed half marathon course will run much faster with race start on High Street, then following a counterclockwise loop around Wesleyan campus. After passing through the start area, the route continues past Wesleyan’s athletic fields around mile 4 and south into residential Middletown. The route takes runners past The Barns at Wesleyan Hills before turning for home through the Wadsworth State Forest, with a very fast last third of the race. Finish on historic Main Street.
Male: 1:09:49 – set by Will Sanders in 2014
Female: 1:20:25 – set by Sybil Shapiro in 2015
Details coming in early 2017.
DIVISIONS & AWARDS
This event is timed by Bay State Race Services and uses the B-Tag timing system (timing chip is attached to the back of your race bib). Please wear your race bib on the front of your shirt.
Awards to both male and female as follows:
- Top 5 Overall: Prize Money of $250, $150, $100, $75, $50
Division Award to:
- Top 3 in Age Group (12-14 and 5-year groups from 15 – 80+)
- Top 3 in Clydesdale/Athena
- Top Finisher: Wheelchair
$50 Gift Card to Mondo Pizza to:
- First Male/Female Finisher: Resident of Middlesex County
Prize money awarded on gun time. All others awarded on chip time. No “double dipping.”
Course limit is 3.5 hours for the Harvard Pilgrim Middletown Half Marathon. To finish within these time limits you must maintain a pace of approximately 16:30 minutes per mile. More…
- Fluid Locations: every 1 – 2 miles along the course and at Start and Finish Line
- GU Energy Gel: Location TBD
- Portalets located along the course
- Entertainment: every 1 – 2 miles along the course and at the start and finish
- Medical personnel