Take a New England foliage tour through the quaint town of Amherst, into quiet residential roads and along the Norwottuck Rail Trail. Race start is on Massachusetts Ave at the heart of UMass campus. A quick right turn brings runners through the town center and past eclectic and unique shops and businesses. After a quick two miles on Route 116, runners turn left onto Shay Street and head toward South Amherst Common before turning left onto the Norwottuck Rail Trail. A right turn off the rail trail will bring runners onto S. East Street before a steady climb to Cushman Common. A downhill approach throughout UMass brings runner to the finish at Haigis Mall.
Be part of the NEW Amherst Half Marathon Weekend and earn some extra bling! Run the 5K on Saturday and the Half Marathon on Sunday and earn a Double medal (in addition to the Half Marathon medal). Register using the button above and get a discount on both events, plus, all Half Marathon participants who register by August 21, 2017 get a free custom event 1/4 zip.
Details coming soon.
DIVISIONS & AWARDS
This event is timed by Bay State Race Services and uses the B-Tag timing system (timing chip is attached to the back of the race bib). Please wear the race bib on the front of the shirt.
- Male Age Group
- Female Age Group
- Clydesdale (men 200+lbs.)
- Athena (women 150+lbs.)
AGE GROUP DIVISIONS:
- 5-year age groups from 16-80+
- Top 3 overall male/female
- Top 3 in each male/female age division
- Top 3 Wheelchair
No “double dipping”
Course limit is 3 hours for the Amherst Half. To finish within these time limits you must maintain a pace of approximately 13:44 minutes per mile. More…
- Live music and entertainment along the course
- Well marked route, visible mile marks and clocks at several miles along the course
- Fluid stations (Water, Gatorade) every 1-2 miles
- Energy gel at one location along the course
- Portalets – pre race area and multiple locations along the course