The Charity 5K at the Eversource Hartford Marathon encourages runners and walkers to participate with a purpose! Register to run or walk the 3.1 mile course with the option to join a charity fundraising team through the Official Charity program or choose a charity of choice to represent on race day. Get details HERE.
Charity 5K participants start at the corner of Buckingham and Washington Streets (south of the State Capitol). The course heads to Park Street, where the neighborhood welcomes runners and walkers with cheering spectators and Latino music. Head back to Bushnell Park for a grand finish under the Memorial Arch.
All 5K course markings and signage are RED.
Male: 14:51 – set by Dan Vassallo in 2016
Female: 16:47 – set by Amy Nedeau, in 2003
LIVE ATHLETE TRACKING
The Charity 5K at the Eversource Hartford Marathon offers free, real-time GPS athlete tracking through RaceJoy. Athletes must download the RaceJoy app and run with their mobile device and will be tracked continuously along the course. Spectators can download the app and search and select an athlete to receive real-time updates with course time and location along the route. More…
The 5K course limit is 1 hour. To finish within these time limits, runners and walkers must maintain a pace of approximately 20 minutes per mile. Official finishing times are recorded through 1 hour.
- ChronoTrack B-Tag Timing and Results. More…
- Mile markers at every mile; clocks at mile 1 and 2
- Fluids (water and Gatorade lemon-lime endurance formula)
- Mile 1.2
- Entertainment, toilets, medical support
- Injured participants will be transported either to the Medical Unit at the finish line or Hartford Hospital (emergency phone: 860-545-5000). All runners and walkers are asked to help by reporting injuries or downed participants to fluid station personnel or route monitors along the course.
- Drop out participants unable to finish the race may stop at any fluid station along the course for assistance. Sweep vans pick up runners and walkers when possible and drop them off at the finish area. If dropping out of the race, remove B-Tag and dispose of it before crossing the finish line.
DIVISIONS AND AWARDS
Prize Money to the top finishers. More…
Monetary awards are based on official “gun” time – the time elapsed from the official start signal to each runners’ B-Tag recording at the finish.
Commemorative awards (based on “net” time) to top 3 male/females in following divisions:
- Age groups: 9 & under, 11,12, 13, 14 and 5-year age groups from 10-80+
- School with most finishers in Grades 6, 7 or 8
- Physically Challenged
- Push-rim wheelchair (no awards in the hand-crank division)
- Visually Impaired/Blind Runners division
No “double-dipping” in awards.
NOT ALLOWED ON THE COURSE
No bicycles, rollerblades, skateboards, or motorized vehicles. No dogs. No unregistered runners or walkers. Headphones discouraged.
Note – strollers ONLY allowed on 5K course (NOT on the half marathon or marathon course) and must line up in the back of the 5K start.