The Eversource Hartford Half Marathon showcases vibrant neighborhoods of Hartford and West Hartford through beautiful Elizabeth Park before heading back downtown and through the iconic Memorial Arch. Cheering spectators line the entire route!
Male: 1:02:41 – set by Timothy Ritchie in 2017
Female: 1:11:18 – set by Kim Smith in 2011
Half Marathon course limit is 3 hours. To finish within these time limits, runners must maintain a pace of approximately 13:44 minutes per mile. Official finishing times are recorded through 3 hours. More…
- ChronoTrack B-Tag timing and results. More…
- Mile markers at every mile; clocks at several mile marks
- Timing tracking mats at Start, Mile 3.1, Mile 6.2, Mile 9.3. More…
- Fluids (water and Gatorade lemon-lime endurance formula)
- Mile 1.9
- Mile 3.4
- Mile 4.4
- Mile 5.7
- Mile 6.9
- Mile 8.2
- Mile 9.1
- Mile 11.1
- GU Energy Gel
- Mile 6.9
- Entertainment, toilets, medical support along the entire route
Pace leaders are a free service available to help athletes achieve goal times. Pace leader information coming in 2018.
DIVISIONS AND AWARDS
Prize Money to the top finishers. More…
Monetary awards are based on official “gun” time – the time elapsed from the official start signal to each runners’ B-Tag recording at the finish.
Commemorative awards (based on “net” time) to top 3 male/females in following divisions:
- Age groups: 12-14, 5-year age groups from 15-80+
- Physically Challenged
- Push-rim wheelchair (no awards in hand-crank division)
- Visually Impaired/Blind Runners division
No “double-dipping” in awards.
NOT ALLOWED ON THE COURSE
No strollers, bicycles, rollerblades, skateboards, or motorized vehicles. No dogs. No unregistered runners. We discourage the use of headphones.
Entertainment information coming in 2018.