The 5.5 mile course follows the Red Trail, which traces the border of Gay City State Park. The course will start down by the main pond and parking lot. Participants will run up the main road toward the park entrance and turn left to enter onto the Red Trail before reaching Route 85. This trail starts off narrow, but widens up about one mile into the course. Be prepared to encounter a lot of rocks and roots and several ups and downs throughout the course. Runners will emerge from the Red Trail and turn down the main road to the finish by the pond.
Male: 33:45 – set by Matt Mensher in 2015
Female: 38:29 – set by Darcy Lucas in 2015
DIVISIONS & AWARDS
This event is timed by Bay State Race Services and uses the B-Tag timing system (timing chip is attached to the back of the race bib). Please wear the race bib on the front of the shirt.
- Top three overall male and female finishers
- Male Age Group – 5-year age groups from 10-80+
- Female Age Group – 5-year age groups from 10-80+
- Clydesdale (men 200+lbs.)
- Athena (women 150+lbs.)
- Top three in each division
No “double dipping”
- Fluid Locations: Start and Finish
- No water station along the course: water bottles available at the start of the race to carry with you on the course.
- Portalet Locations: Start and Finish